Visit Our Newly Redesigned Website. | Click Here

Call Us First!

(650) 321-0384

If you have a sewer emergency or sewer related problem, please Call Us First, day or night at (650) 321-0384. Our reporting line is open 24/7. Thank you! 

Step 8

Step 6 – Permits:

If the District or a licensed contractor determines work should be done, a permit must be obtained from the District’s Office between 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday. The fee is $490.00 for open-trench work and $720.00 for trench-less repairs (payable by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard). This includes inspection by the District to ensure conformance with the District’s Code of General Regulations.

To assist you in obtaining your sewer permits, you can complete and print a pre-permit application form to bring with you to the District office.

Other Permits:

If a repair involves digging in a street or public right-of-way, an encroachment permit will also be required. Encroachment permits are available from the local jurisdiction that maintains the street such as County of San Mateo, City of Menlo Park, Town of Atherton, Town of Portola Valley, City of East Palo Alto or the Town of Woodside