Feb 24, 2021 Agenda
Published 2021-03-18 14:27:35
1902 – Serving Our Community for over 115 Years – 2021
WEST BAY SANITARY DISTRICT
AGENDA OF BUSINESS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE DISTRICT BOARD
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2021 AT 7:00 P.M.
RONALD W. SHEPHERD ADMINISTRATION BUILDING,
500 LAUREL STREET, MENLO PARK, CALIFORNIA 94025
Board Members District Manager
Fran Dehn, President Sergio Ramirez
David Walker, Secretary
Roy Thiele-Sardiña, Treasurer District Legal Counsel
Edward P. Moritz, Member Anthony Condotti, Esq.
George Otte, Member
AGENDA OF BUSINESS
NOTICE OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION BY TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Pursuant to Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20, members of the West Bay Sanitary
District Board of Directors and Staff may participate in this meeting via a teleconference. In
the interest of reducing the spread of COVID- 19, members of the public are allowed to
participate telephonically only, and may submit comments in advance by email addressed to
email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 24th.
To participate by telephone or Zoom meeting, public comments can be made by joining Zoom
meeting at: https://zoom.us/j/94218356757?pwd=YWcvbGlaeUswZmpNRmZsYnVrcFkzQT09
Meeting ID: 942 1835 6757 Passcode: 502172
Or by phone, call: 1-669-900-6833 Meeting ID: 942 1835 6757 Passcode: 502172
Following receipt of public comment and open session items, the Board will adjourn to closed
session. Reportable action, if any, will be available upon inquiry within twenty-four (24) hours.
NOTE: The Board may take action on any agendized item unless specifically designated a
“discussion” item or a “report.”
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Communications from the Public
3. Consent Calendar
Matters listed under this item are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. The
motion, seconds, and vote are applicable to any included resolutions and recorded accordingly.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless specifically requested by a member
of the Board.
A. Approval of Minutes for Regular meeting February 10, 2021 Pg. 3A-1
B. Consideration of Accepting Sewer Facilities Constructed Pursuant to Class 3 Sewer Permit
No. 1099 for the Construction of Wastewater Facilities for 35 Sioux Way, Portola Valley,
California Pg. 3B-1
4. Consideration of the Establishment of a Public Hearing Date for Proposed Increase in Sewer
Service Charges as Required by Proposition 218, Adopt the Updated Sewer Rate Study and
Provide Staff Direction Regarding the Sewer Service Charge Rate Adjustment and the
Mailing of the Proposition 218 Notice for a Public Hearing Pg. 4-1
5. District Manager’s Report Pg. 5-1
6. Consideration to Authorize District Manager to enter into Agreement for Engineering Design
Services for the “Bayfront Sanitary Sewer Improvements Study” with Freyer & Laureta, Inc.
7. Consideration to Approve the Financial Statements FY 2020-21, Second Quarter Ending
12/31/2020 Pg. 7-1
8. February 24th Update Report on District Response to Corona Virus Pg. 8-1
9. Report and Discussion on Sharon Heights Recycled Water Plant Pg. 9-1
10. Discussion and Direction on Bayfront Recycled Water Project and Status Update Pg. 10-1
11. Report and Discussion on South Bayside Waste Management Authority (SBWMA) Pg. 11-1
12. Report and Discussion on Silicon Valley Clean Water (SVCW) Plant Pg. 12-1
13. Comments or Reports from Members of the District Board and Consider Items to be Placed
on Future Agenda
14 . Adjournment
The West Bay Sanitary District does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. Upon request, the agenda and agenda packet can be provided in a
format to accommodate special needs. If you require a copy of the agenda or related materials in an alternative format to accommodate a disability, or if you
wish to attend this public meeting and will require special assistance or other special equipment, please call the District at (650) 321-0384 at least five days
in advance and we will make every reasonable attempt to provide such an accommodation.