Visit Our Newly Redesigned Website. | Click Here

Call Us First!

(650) 321-0384

If you have a sewer emergency or sewer related problem, please Call Us First, day or night at (650) 321-0384. Our reporting line is open 24/7. Thank you! 

June 8, 2016 Minutes

Published 2019-01-08 14:36:44

1902 – Serving Our Community for over 110 Years – 2016
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2016 AT 7:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
President Moritz called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM
2. Roll Call
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Moritz, Dehn, Walker, Thiele-Sardiña, Otte
Others Present:
3. New Board Member Oath of Office – George Otte
Comments: Director Otte was given the Oath of Office.
4. Communications from the Public: None
5. District Manager’s Report
1) CIP Project:
a) Sausal Vista pump station pipeline, phase I PG&E conduit is installed and contractor
working on punch list items. McGuire and Hester began Phase II.
b) Marsh Road Liner waiting for quote for Atherton’s contractor. Butler Building and Belle
Haven II currently out to bid. Pre-bid held on June 1st
and Bids to be opened June 15.
2) Affiliate Agency/Association News:
a) CWEA: DM presented Collection System of the Year Award to Merced City Council Monday,
May 16.
b) CMPK: Executed agreement sent to State.
c) Town of Atherton: Council approved authorizing the Town Manager to execute a
reimbursement agreement with the District for the lining of the sewer main on Marsh Road in
coordination with the Town’s channel repair project. Awaiting a quote from Granite
Construction, and if within the range of expected costs the DM will execute so the change
order can be approved.
3) Upcoming Events:
a) Board meeting June 22 and July 13.
b) Recruiting for Maintenance worker position
4) Misc/Action Items from Previous Meeting:
a) SSOs: 1 SSO year to date.
b) SHGCC: Contract work proceeding. Bridge MOU (2nd
amendment to existing MOU) to be
presented for Board consideration in June. Critical items of long term agreement are being
negotiated, i.e. cost sharing, O&M costs, guarantee of service etc. Targeting June 22 for that
agreement approval.
c) SSC: Staff has been made aware of an error in sewer service charges to 1075 ECR and 325
Sharon Park. District Manager will provide details at tonight’s Board meeting.
5) Resource Sharing:
a) Town of Los Altos Hills: Continuing cleaning and TV. Began GPS locating of MHs; proving
difficult in some areas due to tree cover. 1 SSO to date this calendar year.
b) Town of Woodside: District assisting with Pump station rehabilitation planning.
6. Consent Calendar
A. Approval of Minutes for Regular meeting May 25, 2016
B. Approval of the Withdrawal Order Authorizing Payment of Certain Bills
and Salaries and Consideration of Other Financial Matters for June 6,
C. Consider to Ratify and Approve Report on District’s Investment Portfolio Including the
Transactions of Assets Described Therein as of 5-31-16
D. Consideration of Authorizing the District Manager to Issue Class 3 Sewer Permit No.
1045 for the Construction of Wastewater Facilities for 4135 Alpine Road, Portola Valley,
Motion by: Walker 2nd
by: Thiele-Sardiña Vote: AYE: 5 NAY: 0 Abstain: 0
Comments: None
7. Consideration of Approving the FY 2016/17 General Fund and Capital Assets Fund Budgets
Motion by: Thiele-Sardiña 2nd
by: Walker Vote: AYE: 5 NAY: 0 Abstain: 0
Comments: DM Scott outlined the proposed budget and the addition of two items since the
budget workshop: 1) $20,000 for an easement access vehicle and; 2) $500,000 allocated from
the Capital Assets Fund for the long term rehabilitation and demolition of the old treatment
works at the Flow Equalization Facility (FEF) site.
8. Consider Refund of Sewer Service Charges: 325 Sharon Park Drive & 1075/1077 El Camino
Real, Menlo Park, CA
Motion by: Dehn 2nd
by: Otte Vote: AYE: 5 NAY: 0 Abstain: 0
Comments: DM Scott outlined for the Board the need to provide refund of these two parcels.
9. Consideration of Establishing Date and Time of Public Hearing to Consider Annual Sewer
Service Charge Report for Fiscal Year 2016/2017
Motion by: Dehn 2nd
by: Walker Vote: AYE: NAY: Abstain:
Comments: Secretary Dehn reviewed the draft sewer service charges report and the Board
voted to hold the public hearing on July 13.
10. Report: Update & Discussion on Recycled Water Project
Comments: DM Scott reported on the item which included that the next committee meeting
will be held on June 20 at 9am. He further reported that the SOQs for the project have been
received and evaluated and down to a final 3.
11. Report & Discussion on South Bayside Waste Management Authority (SBWMA)
Comments: Secretary Dehn reported that the budget was introduced but it was tabled for
approval and there was a discussion on extension of a Recology agreement.
12. Report & Discussion on Silicon Valley Clean Water (SVCW)
Comments: President Moritz reported on items to be included at June 9th
meeting which
include task order for $75,000 for WWTP headworks facility project, resolutions establishing
rate of pay and $500K for preliminary analysis for CEQA for tunnel project.
13. Comments or Reports from Members of the District Board and Consider Items to be
Placed on Future Agenda
Comments: None
14. Adjournment Time: The meeting was adjourned at 8:08 p.m.
/s Fran Dehn