Feb 23, 2022 Agenda
Published 2022-04-13 09:37:36
1902 – Serving Our Community for over 115 Years – 2022
WEST BAY SANITARY DISTRICT
AGENDA OF BUSINESS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE DISTRICT BOARD
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2022 AT 7:00 P.M.
RONALD W. SHEPHERD ADMINISTRATION BUILDING,
500 LAUREL STREET, MENLO PARK, CALIFORNIA 94025
Board Members District Manager
Fran Dehn, President Sergio Ramirez
David Walker, Secretary
Roy Thiele-Sardiña, Treasurer District Legal Counsel
Edward P. Moritz, Member Anthony Condotti, Esq.
George Otte, Member
AGENDA OF BUSINESS
NOTICE OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION BY TELECONFERENCE or ZOOM ONLY
Pursuant to California Assembly Bill 361, members of the West Bay Sanitary District Board of
Directors and Staff may participate in this meeting via a teleconference. In the interest of
reducing the spread of COVID- 19, members of the public are allowed to participate
telephonically only, and may submit comments in advance by email addressed to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 23rd.
To participate by telephone or Zoom meeting, public comments can be made by joining Zoom
Meeting ID: 836 5548 7979 Passcode: 067863
Or by phone, call: 1-669-900-6833 Meeting ID: 836 5548 7979 Passcode: 067863
Following receipt of public comment and open session items, the Board will adjourn to closed
session. Reportable action, if any, will be available upon inquiry within twenty-four (24) hours.
NOTE: The Board may take action on any agendized item unless specifically designated a “discussion”
item or a “report.”
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Communications from the Public
3. Consent Calendar
Matters listed under this item are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. The
motion, seconds, and vote are applicable to any included resolutions and recorded accordingly.
There will be no separate discussion of these items unless specifically requested by a member of
A. Approval of Minutes for Regular meeting February 9, 2022 Pg. 3A-1
B. Consider Accepting Sewer Facilities Constructed Pursuant to Class 3 Sewer Permit No.
1103 for the Sewer Main Replacement near 949 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA
4. District Manager’s Report Pg. 4-1
5. Consider Authorizing the District Manager to Execute the Amendments to the Easements from
Cargill Salt for the Bayfront Entrance Project Pg. 5-1
6. Consider Adopting Resolution Delineating Environmental Findings and Authorizing the District
Manager to Call for Bids for the Bayfront Park Sanitary Sewer Improvement Project Pg. 6-1
7. Report and Discussion on Treatment Plant Connection Fees Pg. 7-1
8. Bank of the West Monthly Investment Portfolio Statements Pg. 8-1
9. Request for Proposal for Financial Audit Service Pg. 9-1
10. February 23rd Update Report on District Response to Corona Virus Pg. 10-1
11. Discussion and Direction on Sharon Heights Recycled Water Plant Pg. 11-1
12. Discussion and Direction on Bayfront Recycled Water Project and Status Update Pg. 12-1
13. Report and Discussion on South Bayside Waste Management Authority (SBWMA) Pg. 13-1
14. Report and Discussion on Silicon Valley Clean Water (SVCW) Plant Pg. 14-1
15. Comments or Reports from Members of the District Board and Consider Items to be Placed
on Future Agenda
The West Bay Sanitary District does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. Upon request, the agenda and agenda packet can be provided in a
format to accommodate special needs. If you require a copy of the agenda or related materials in an alternative format to accommodate a disability, or if you
wish to attend this public meeting and will require special assistance or other special equipment, please call the District at (650) 321-0384 at least five days
in advance and we will make every reasonable attempt to provide such an accommodation.