Visit Our Newly Redesigned Website. | Click Here

Call Us First!

(650) 321-0384

If you have a sewer emergency or sewer related problem, please Call Us First, day or night at (650) 321-0384. Our reporting line is open 24/7. Thank you! 

May 25, 2016 Minutes

Published 2019-01-08 14:33:36

1902 – Serving Our Community for over 110 Years – 2016
WEDNESDAY, MAY 25, 2016 AT 7:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
President Moritz called the meeting to order at 7:01 PM
2. Roll Call
Others Present: Alan Epstien
3. Communications from the Public: Mr. Epstien introduced himself and expressed his interest in
watching the meeting.
4. District Manager’s Report
1) CIP Project:
a) Sausal Vista pump station pipeline, phase I PG&E conduit is installed and contractor
working on punch list items. McGuire and Hester began Phase II on May 16.
b) Design for Butler Building and Marsh Road Liner is complete and out to bid. Bids to be
opened June 15.
2) Affiliate Agency/Association News:
a) CWEA: DM presented Collection System of the Year Award to Merced City Council Monday,
May 16.
b) CMPK: Awaiting the fully executed agreement.
c) Town of Atherton: Council approved authorizing the Town Manager to execute a
reimbursement agreement with the District for the lining of the sewer main on Marsh Road in
coordination with the Town’s channel repair project. Awaiting a quote from Granite
Construction, and if within the range of expected costs the DM will execute so the change
order can be approved.
3) Upcoming Events:
a) Board meeting June 8, June 22 and July 13.
b) Recruiting for Maintenance worker position
4) Misc/Action Items from Previous Meeting:
a) SSOs: 1 SSO year to date.
b) SHGCC: Contract work proceeding. Bridge MOU (2nd
amendment to existing MOU) to be
presented for Board consideration in June. Critical items of long term agreement are being
negotiated, i.e. cost sharing, O&M costs, guarantee of service etc. Targeting June 22 for that
agreement approval.
c) SSC: Staff has been made aware of an error in sewer service charges to 1075 ECR. District
Manager will provide details at Board meeting. Board consensus was to place item on
agenda for consideration at the next meeting.
5) Resource Sharing:
a) Town of Los Altos Hills: Continuing cleaning and TV. Began GPS locating of MHs; proving
difficult in some areas due to tree cover. 1 SSO to date this calendar year.
b) Town of Woodside: District assisting with Pump station rehabilitation planning.
5. Consent Calendar
A. Approval of Minutes for Regular meeting May 11, 2016
B. Approval of the Withdrawal Order Authorizing Payment of Certain Bills
and Salaries and Consideration of Other Financial Matters for May 25,
C. WBSD Operations and Maintenance Report – April 2016
D. Town of Los Altos Hills Operations and Maintenance Report for Work Performed by
WBSD – April 2016
E. Consider Resolution Authorizing the President and Secretary to Enter into Agreement
Creating Covenants Running With the Land for 410 Cervantes Road, Portola Valley
F. Consideration of Resolution Accepting Deed of Easement Pursuant to Class 3 Sewer
Permit No. 1036 for the Construction of Wastewater Facilities for 410 Cervantes Road,
Portola Valley, California
G. Consideration of Accepting Sewer Facilities Constructed Pursuant to Class 3 Sewer
Permit No. 1036 for the Construction of Wastewater Facilities for 410 Cervantes Road,
Portola Valley, California
H. Consideration of Authorizing the District Manager to Issue Class 3 Sewer Permit No.
1044 for the Construction of Wastewater Facilities for 1221 Willow Road, Menlo Park,
Motion by: Dehn 2nd
by: Walker Vote: AYE: 3 NAY: 0 Abstain: 0
Comments: None
6. Discuss Pre-Funding of OPEB (Other Post-Employment Benefits) Liability
Comments: DM Scott discussed this item and the various OPEB pre-funding investment
options. The Board consensus was to proceed with the PARS option.
7. Report: Update & Discussion on Recycled Water Project
Comments: DM Scott discussed progress on MOU agreements with Sharon Heights Golf
Course and SLAC and the cultural review of soil samples in progress required by the State
Water Resources Control Board.
8. Report & Discussion on South Bayside Waste Management Authority (SBWMA)
Comments: Secretary Dehn reported the next meeting will be on May 26th
and it will include
approval of the budget. Upcoming meetings will include voting to move ahead with the body
of jurisdictions that will continue with franchise agreement.
9. Report & Discussion on Silicon Valley Clean Water (SVCW)
Comments: President Moritz reported approval of emergency repair of Redwood City pump
station and approval of risk study. He further reported that it was determined by pump crews
that the repair was needed, in part, due to operator error. DM Scott informed the Board that
after SVCW budget presentation to them on May 11, he received word from SVCW on May 17
the District’s O&M and CIP funding allocation were increasing by $15,000.
10. Comments or Reports from Members of the District Board and Consider Items to be
Placed on Future Agenda
Comments: None
11. Adjournment Time: The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
/s Fran Dehn